Banking and Finance
Nextons’ Banking and Finance practice experts advise financial institutions and corporate entities on all issues of Russian and international banking legislation, including finance transactions and regulatory matters. We represent lending institutions, corporate and government borrowers, and investment banking houses, and have experience working with international financial institutions.
Key Service Areas
- Syndicated and bilateral lending
- Real estate finance
- Acquisition finance
- Trade and commodities finance
- Asset finance
- Project finance
- Islamic finance
- Restructuring and insolvency
- ING Bank N.V.: Advising on a US$1.25 billion 5-year sustainability-linked pre-export syndicated loan agreement between Uralkali, one of the world’s largest potash producers, and 18 banks, - the largest sustainability-linked syndicated loan agreement in Russia and CIS, as well as the first ESG agreement in the history of Uralkali and the first among producers of mineral fertilizers in Central and Eastern Europe.
- UniCredit: Advising on a seven-year CHF 585 million sustainability-linked credit facility to Russian Railways, the leading railway company in Russia and the first ESG borrower in the Russian transport sector.
- EuroChem, a leading global mineral fertilizer producer: Advising on a project financing in excess of US$1.3 billion in relation to the construction of a new ammonia and carbamide plant in the city of Kingisepp, Leningrad Region, Russia.
- Acron, one of the largest mineral fertilizers manufacturers in the world: Advising on structuring and transaction documentation for the US$1.8 billion project financing for the development of the world's largest potassium-magnesium salt deposit in Perm Krai, to be provided by VEB.RF, Gazprombank, Otkritie, VTB and Sberbank.
- VSMPO-AVISMA Corporation: Advising on an English law-governed unsecured 5-year club loan facility for up to US$400 million provided by a syndicate of international banks.
- UniCredit: Advising on a US$50 million sustainability-linked loan to PJSC SIBUR Holding, the largest integrated petrochemicals company in Russia and one of the fastest-growing companies in the global petrochemicals industry.
- Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank: Advising on an up to US$750 million syndicated term loan facility agreement for Ilim Group, the leader in the Russian pulp and paper industry and one of the industry leaders globally.
- ING Bank: Advising as documentation agent on an up to US$1 billion syndicated pre-export finance facility for the Uralkali Group, one of the leading global producers of potash.
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank: Advising the on the seven-year €75 million loan to the Turkish Hayat Kimya Group for the construction of a new factory in Kaluga, Russia, for the production of paper towel and cleansing tissue products.
- ChelPipe: Advising the borrower in relation to a secured financing of up to RUB 80 billion (approx. US$1.4 billion) from three Russian banks (VTB Bank, Sberbank and Gazprom Bank) aimed to refinance an existing syndicated loan.
What Our Clients Say
Clients appreciate the team for its ‘capacity to translate complex legal language into easy to understand concepts’ as well as ‘flexibility and capability to solve problems in a creative way’. Chambers Europe, 2021
“They were good and efficient. They were proactive and helped us to select the necessary strategy, and consulted us on risks and how to mitigate the risks.”Chambers Europe, 2020
“The team is very commercially oriented and provides high-quality advice.”The Legal 500, 2020
Clients appreciate this well-rounded team, noting its ‘delivery of high-quality work in time, flexibility and good understanding of commercial issues’. Chambers Europe, 2019
“The firm’s market-leading practice continues to be at the forefront of financing transactions across Russia and the CIS regions owing to its expertise in finance regulation, project financings and acquisition and export finance.”The Legal 500, 2019