Nextons’ team advises clients in various areas. A special role among them is played by the construction, development and infrastructure development industries. We understand and work with large development and construction companies, industrial, energy and mining holdings, banks and investment funds, architects and designers, as well as equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Experience of working with the industry has taught us to understand the issues of structuring construction projects, designing, project management and related risks, matters of financing construction, the specifics of the stage of actual construction, and the operation of the objects created.
Nextons’ lawyers understand the full range of possible risks and issues faced by architects, customers, contractors, lenders, suppliers and other parties involved in construction projects. Therefore we provide a variety of services to address specific business objectives of clients at all stages of the project: from its structuring, contract preparation, tendering and procurement up to the start of full operation of the object. Moreover, based on our experience we can promptly evaluate different situations, foresee possible risks even before they occur and thus assist in administration (management) of construction contracts.
We are always ready to contribute to the resolution of disputes between the client and other parties involved in the construction project through negotiations as well as to defend the interests of our clients in state courts and international institutions (arbitrations).
In order to increase the efficiency of our work and achieve our goals, we strive to use technologies, including those that help manage the flow of various tasks and data, as well as ensure the interaction of a large number of internal and external experts. We have our own software products, developed by us or under our guidance, which take into account the specifics of the industry and our experience.
Key Service Areas
- Development and structuring of construction projects during the project-planning phase
- Pre-project development and design of facilities
- Financing of construction projects, including various investment mechanisms
- Drafting construction contracts, both standard and tailored to the specific needs of the project, including EPC, EPCM models, etc
- Representing construction project participants during the contracting stage, including participation in negotiations
- Designing and delivering equipment for the construction project
- Advising the participants of the project during the construction phase
- Administration of construction and other contracts
- Advising facility operators during the operation phase
- Dispute resolution (negotiations, mediation, state and arbitration courts, including arbitration institutions)
- Raiffeisenbank: Advising on the first built-to-suit deal in the Russian office market, an agreement with Etalon Group on the construction of a 16-story office center with a total area of 34,000 sq.m. at Nagatino i-Land business park.
- Shareholders of North River Port: Advising on the highly complex sale of circa 20 ha at the North River Port in Moscow to a consortium of Kortros and Capital Group for the construction of 837,000 sq. m of mixed-use commercial and residential premises.
- Park Huamin: Advising the developer of the Park Huamin Chinese business center in Moscow on matters relating to construction of the center.
- Vanke: Advising a leading Chinese developer, Vanke, on matters relating to the creation of a joint venture with a Russian investor for construction of a hotel complex with apartments, shops and offices on 11 ha on Moskovoretskaya Embankment, Moscow, nearby the Kremlin.
- Syngenta: Advising a Swiss company Syngenta on construction of the plant producing crop protecting agents on the territory of the Special Economic Zone “Lipetsk” in the Lipetsk region.
- Malltech: Advising on a proposed construction of a shopping center and infrastructure.
- Hines: Advising on a proposed joint venture with PIK Group and Meridian Capital in relation to an office and residential development project with the total area of approximately 450,000 sq.m in the center of Moscow.
- Leroy Merlin: Advising the Russian DIY market leader on matters relating to the construction of the Leroy Merlin warehouse complex in the Yuzhniye Vrata industrial park, Moscow Oblast, as well as on the construction of more than 40 Leroy Merlin superstores in Russia.
- Decathlon: Advising the sporting goods retailer on the construction of a Decathlon warehouse complex at the Yuzhniye Vrata industrial park in Moscow Oblast, as well as on the construction of Decathlon shopping centers in various Russian regions.
- Auchan: Advising on matters relating to the construction of a warehouse complex and on matters relating to the construction of shopping centers in various Russian regions.
What Our Clients Say
“The practice is distinguished by its high-quality and fast work on assigned tasks. They are able to work effectively even with insufficient background information and serious time constraints. They are highly professional and know how to defend the client’s interests.”The Legal 500, 2021
“Extremely strong diverse team dedicated to different types of real estate, construction transactions, knowing Russian market specifics and international practice. Their strong advice is always in time on a very professional level.”The Legal 500, 2021
“They are capable of solving very complicated problems and even those that seem impossible to solve.” “The simplicity and elegance of the solutions they propose.” “We also value the firm’s international capabilities and their ability to provide quality legal services in the most varied regions and jurisdictions.”Chambers Europe, 2018
“The team is widely known on the market and advises on a wide range of issues in real estate, including M&A transactions, development projects and lease agreements. They represent retailers, international developers and hotel sector players, and assist with construction projects for industrial facilities.”Chambers Europe, 2017