Litigation and Arbitration
The Nextons Litigation and Arbitration practitioners have many years of experience successfully representing clients in complex litigation and arbitration disputes. They do everything possible to improve your chances of a successful outcome, offering top-notch legal advice and pragmatic solutions through all stages, from developing the dispute resolution mechanism most suitable for the client, through the hearing and enforcement to recognition of the award.
Our advisors have an in-depth understanding of your business and objectives, and have extensive experience in dispute resolution in a variety of industries including construction, oil and gas, natural resources, financial services, retail, consumer goods manufacturing, infrastructure and public sectors.
Key Service Areas
- Commercial disputes
- Bankruptcy disputes
- Corporate disputes
- Banking disputes
- Tax disputes
- Antimonopoly disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Employment disputes
- Real estate disputes
- Technology disputes
- Media disputes
- Construction and engineering disputes
- International trade and WTO disputes
- Insurance disputes
- Customs disputes
- Environmental disputes
- Debt collection disputes
- Defamation disputes
- Product liability disputes
- Consumer disputes
- State commercial (arbitrazh) courts
- Courts of general jurisdiction of all instances in Russia’s regions
- Arbitral tribunals
- Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation
- International Chamber of Commerce, Paris (ICC)
- Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC))
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (ICAC)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
Representation in Russia
Representation in international arbitration centers
The Nextons Arbitration group works closely with Dentons International Arbitration group, which includes Russian speaking experts based in arbitration centers including London, New York, Paris, Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing, Dubai, and Frankfurt. We can coordinate the entire process from Russia, regardless of its complexity and geography. Nextons brings together renowned arbitration experts with unique experience and brilliant knowledge of the entire range of arbitration procedures.
Many of Dentons’ and Nextons’ lawyers are on the recommended lists of arbitrators of foreign and Russian arbitral centers.
We represent clients in disputes under the rules of the following arbitral institutions:
Our lawyers can assist you in safeguard investigations before the European Commission and the Eurasian Economic Commission, in EU law- and policy-making and in negotiating WTO and bilateral/regional trade agreements.
The team has extensive experience in providing representation before the EU Court of Justice in Luxembourg and will guide you in consultations and dispute settlement proceedings before the WTO Dispute Settlement Body, as well as before the Court of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU).
- Geely Motors: Successfully representing the client in a more than RUB 9 billion dispute with an insolvency administrator of a major Russian car manufacturer.
- iHerb: Representing the client in a dispute at the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation and number of regional courts over banning the client’s mobile application and website.
- Raven Russia: Successfully defending the client in the Russian Supreme Court in its contracting party’s bankruptcy. The Supreme Court reversed the lower court judgments, refused to invalidate the client’s transaction and recover more than RUB 250 million from it.
- IKEA: Representing the client in a dispute reclaiming a land plot of around 20 hectares and demolishing the real properties erected on them (including two 15-story buildings of Khimki business park
- Major Russian construction company: Representing the client in several interrelated court disputes with the general contractor, including a claim for recovery of multi-billion ruble penalties (disputes in connection with the contract for construction of a residential high-rise complex in Moscow).
- Japanese manufacturer of equipment and construction machinery: Representing the client in an attempt to impose subsidiary liability on it in a more than RUB 5 billion (US$70 million) bankruptcy case against a major construction equipment distributor in Russia.
What Our Clients Say
“The firm houses a very strong dispute resolution practice in Russia. The team is well known for its success rate in handling disputes, creative approach to each case and superb client service. The firm is also well known for international disputes.”The Legal 500, 2021
“The team provides an excellent service in terms of organization, legal strategy and leadership, and is able to handle disputes on a domestic and international level.”The Legal 500
“It is possible to rely on them even in the most complicated cases. They are smart, quick, have broad expertise in various jurisdictions and make practical decisions.”Chambers Europe