The Nextons Real Estate practice is one of the largest and longest-standing dedicated legal practices in Russia. No matter the geography or the scale of your transaction or project, our team will provide you with practical solutions tailored to your business objectives.
The experienced and knowledgeable team of lawyers works closely with the Firm’s other practices, such as Tax, Corporate, Banking and Finance, M&A, and Private Equity, and will successfully support any real estate project and guide you through the full scope of issues within the most complex real estate deals.
Nextons advises clients on a wide range of matters, including leases, acquisitions and disposals, financing, construction and finance leasing, industrial and logistics facilities, office premises, hotels, residential buildings, shopping malls, amusement parks, etc.
Key Service Areas
- Acquisitions and disposals of real estate assets
- Commercial property leases
- Real estate financing
- Real estate development and construction
- Structuring real estate development and investment projects
- Real estate asset management
- Litigation and arbitration
- Region: Advising on a wide range of M&A transactions in various industry sectors, including the acquisition of the pension fund “Safmar” (Russia’s largest ever acquisition on the pension fund market) and the pension fund “Bolshoi”; the acquisition of Mercedes-Benz Plaza, a Class A office building serving as the Mercedes-Benz Russian HQ and Daimler’s flagship dealership for the sale of Mercedes-Benz cars in Russia.
- Riverstretch: Advising on multiple M&A projects, including the acquisition of O1 Properties (one of the largest owners of a portfolio of premium business centers in Russia) and Future Financial Group from its previous owners, O1 Group.
- Raven Russia: Advising on numerous M&A transactions, including the highly-complex phased earn-out acquisition of the major 250,000 sq. m Sever-2 logistics park from Orientir and UFG.
- Sberbank Asset Management: Advising on multiple due diligence and transactional aspects of acquisition projects, including the acquisition of the Diamond Hall business center and warehouse complexes PNK Veshki (VkusVill) and PNK Domodedovo (Vseinstrumenty.ru).
- MegaFon: Advising on the due diligence of several hundred real estate assets in connection with a proposed large development project.
- IKEA: Advising on the acquisition of a 25%+ stake in MEGA Belaya Dacha, a large shopping mall with GLA over 300,000 sq. m, as well as on various lease- and construction-related projects and due diligence of real estate assets.
- UFG Real Estate: Advising on numerous M&A projects, including in connection with the acquisition of the Class A Legion II office building from Norilsk Nickel; acquisition of the office part of the mixed-use complex Impersky House from Capital Group; acquisition of the Pushkinsky House and Concord Class A office buildings and the Metromarket shopping center from Capital Group; acquisition of the Bakhrushin House office building in Moscow from Akron Group and its subsequent sale to the Finnish investment group Sponda.
- VTB Capital: Advising on multiple M&A projects in various industry sectors, including the acquisition of Technoserv group, the largest system integrator in Russia; the acquisition of a controlling stake in Domyland, an IT company which owns and operates the internet service allowing developers and management companies to cooperate with their clients; the acquisition of three projects to build business-class residential complexes in Moscow: Tsarskaya Square, Presnya City and Basmanny 5, from leading Russian developer Coalco.
- Sistema: Advising on the acquisition of a development project in Moscow with a complex earn-out and finance element from Midland Development.
- Rosgosstrakh: Advising on a number of M&A projects, including the sale of the Legion II (phase I) Class A office building to Siemens AG to be used as its Russian HQ, and the sale of the Class A Legion II (phase II) office building to Norilsk Nickel.
What Our Clients Say
“They're one of the largest teams in the market and can handle any project with unlimited capacity. They have good experience in real estate transactions.”Chambers Europe, 2021
“Extremely strong diverse team dedicated to different types of real estate, construction transactions, knowing Russian market specifics and international practice. Their strong advice is always in time on a very professional level.”The Legal 500, 2021
Clients highlight the team's commitment, with a client saying: “If we need something to be done, there's no problem for them to work quickly and provide us with documents before the deadline”, while another reports that the lawyers are ‘extremely reliable and keeping all agreed dates’.Chambers Europe, 2020
“They are able to work quickly on projects involving the processing of a large amount of information, as the firm has quite unique capabilities, both in terms of quantity of lawyers and quality of legal services. The team covering more than simple real estate matters, which very helpful if a client is dealing with complex transactions and needs a big team for prompt due diligence as well as advice on finance or arbitration-related issues.”The Legal 500, 2020
“The real estate lawyers always manage to find the best solutions to clients’ problems and assist them in a timely manner.”The Legal 500, 2019