Alexei is Nextons’ Russia Managing Partner. He focuses on M&A, joint ventures, corporate finance and leveraged acquisitions.
Alexei has represented clients in M&A and private equity transactions in a wide range of industries, including energy, transportation, banking, insurance, retail, foods and beverages, construction and automotive. He has extensive experience advising energy and natural resources sector companies on their investments in Russia and abroad as well as port/terminal transactions and bank equity deals.
Alexei has advocate status and is a member of the Moscow Region Bar Association.
- Chambers Europe and Chambers Global, 2013-2021: Leading lawyer in corporate / M&A in Russia. “He is commercially oriented and he understands the goals of the client, so he knows which risks to take and which to avoid”. “His input and solutions proposed in critical moments brought a lot of added value, especially at points when there was a conflict with parties. His compromises were appreciated by all parties involved”. “He is “client-oriented and available 24/7”. “He really focuses on what is important. I can always get access to him”. “Sensible and commercial lawyer”.
- Best Lawyers, 2014-2021: Leading lawyer in corporate law and Private Equity in Russia.
- The Legal 500, 2013-2021: Leading lawyer in commercial, corporate and M&A, transport and energy & natural resources in Russia.
- IFLR1000, 2017-2021: Notable practitioner in M&A in Russia.
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Leading lawyer in corporate / M&A, sanctions, transport law and energy & natural resources in Russia.
- Kommersant, 2020-2023: Leading lawyer in Corporate/M&A, sanctions, transport and logistics in Russia.
- Leaders League, 2020-2021: Top lawyer in Large-Cap M&A in Russia.
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- 2022 – present
- Managing Partner – Nextons, Russia
- Managing Partner – Dentons, Russia
- Partner – Dentons (formerly Salans), Moscow
- Associate – Salans, London
- Associate – Salans, Moscow