Denis has over 35 years of experience in a broad spectrum of areas of contentious and non-contentious IP matters and is recognized as one of the top IP practitioners in Russia and the CIS. He has considerable experience of acting in trademark and copyright litigation proceedings as well as advising on anti-counterfeit activity. His work actively concerns acquisition and disposal of companies with valuable intellectual property rights and complex technology as well as copyright, trademark and patent rights.
For the past several years, Denis was the head of Dentons’ European IP and Technology group. During his time at Dentons since 2001, Denis successfully developed a solid top tier IP practice in Russia, which has now become part of Nextons and which Denis continues to lead. Under his leadership, the Russian IP practice for many years in a row has been listed among the top firms in trademark and copyright work by Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500, World Trademark Review and Managing Intellectual Property.
- Chambers Europe and Chambers Global, 2011-2021: Leading expert in intellectual property in Russia (Eminent practitioner).
- The Legal 500, 2011-2021: Leading expert in intellectual property in Russia.
- World Trademark Review, 2012-2022: Leading lawyer in enforcement and litigation in Russia. “Denis is one of the best IP lawyers in Russia, with over 20 years’ experience and everyone’s respect.”
- WIPR Leaders, 2021-2022: Leading lawyer in Trademark, Patents and Life Sciences in Russia.
- IP Stars Handbook, Managing Intellectual Property, 2014-2021: Recognized as Trademark Star for Russia.
- Leaders League, 2020-2021: Leading expert in Trademark and Patent Prosecution and Trademark and Patent Litigation.
- Best Lawyers, 2009-2021: Listed among the best IP, litigation, media and technology experts in Russia.
- Who’s Who Legal, 2013-2021: Leading expert in Trademarks in Russia.
- Kommersant, 2020-2023: Listed among the best intellectual property experts in Russia.
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Leading lawyer in intellectual property in Russia.
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- MARQUES (The Association of European Trade Mark Owners)
- The Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Qualified as Trademark Attorney, Russian PTO, 1995
- 2022 – present
- Head of Intellectual Property and Technology Practice – Nextons, Moscow
- Partner, Head of European Intellectual Property and Technology Practice – Dentons (formerly Salans), Moscow
- Counsel – Salans, Moscow