Nextons’ Russian Tax and Customs practice experts have prepared an overview of the maijor changes in legislation and practice in the field of customs regulation for the second half of 2022. (The overview is available in Russian)
Dzhangar is a partner and head of Nextons’ Tax and Customs practice. He primarily focuses on tax litigation. As of 2007, Dzhangar has handled over 1,000 court cases including before the Supreme Arbitration Court. In addition, he provided full support in a considerable number of tax disputes settled at pre-trial stages. Dzhangar also advises on various aspects of taxation, including drafting internal policies to prevent tax risks (regarding suppliers, marketing, and others), analyzing contracts for tax risks, and verifying tax accounting in order to reveal potential tax assessments and overpayments.
- Chambers Europe, 2013-2021: Leading tax and private wealth lawyer in Russia. “He is a great lawyer on everything relating to tax controversy”. “He is well known as the lawyer who can handle the most complicated tax disputes and matters,” enthuses one impressed interviewee, while another says: “He is very keen and always thinks outside the box.”
- Client Choice Awards, 2017, 2019: Exclusive winner of the Corporate Tax category for Russia. “Dzhangar is an outstanding litigator with brilliant negotiating abilities. He strives to achieve the best result for his clients and always manages this.”
- The Legal 500, 2012-2021: Leading tax and private clients lawyer in Russia. “He is bold, independently thinking and creative – a true rock star of the legal world”. “Dzhangar is an outstanding expert leading one of the best teams on the market”. “Dzhangar Dzhalchinov has a strong reputation as a tax litigator.”
- Best Lawyers, 2021: “The Lawyer of the Year in Customs Law in Russia” Award.
- Best Lawyers, 2014-2021: Leading tax lawyer in Russia.
- Kommersant, 2020-2023: Leading lawyer in tax consulting, tax dispute resolution, private wealth and international trade in Russia.
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Leading lawyer in tax consulting, tax dispute resolution, private wealth, international trade and customs in Russia.
- World Tax, 2013-2021: Leading lawyer in tax controversy and indirect tax in Russia.
- Thomson Reuters Acritas Stars, 2021: Featured as a ‘standout lawyer’ based on client recommendations.
- Leaders League, 2020-2021: Leading lawyer in corporate tax in Russia.
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- 2022 – present
- Partner, Head of Tax and Customs practice
- Partner – Dentons, Moscow
- Head of Russia Tax and Customs practice – Dentons, Moscow
- Of Counsel – Dentons (formerly Salans), Moscow
- Associate – Salans, Moscow
- Associate – OOO Konsaltingovye Uslugy
- Paralegal – Tax Department of Pepeliaev, Goltsblat & Partners
News and Events
Nextons' Tax and Customs practice calendar for the first half of 2023 includes 22 joint webinars with FinTaxTop, a conference with IRSOT and the practice's annual conference on current tax, customs and currency law issues in 2023.
Galina Dontsova, Nextons’ Tax and Customs practice counsel, spoke at the seminar “Procurement of equipment in China. How to ensure the efficiency and safety of the process?”, organized by the Russian-Asian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RAUIE), the Office of the Presidential Commissioner for the Protection of Entrepreneurs' Rights and the Russian-Chinese Friendship, Peace and Development Committee.
Customs portal of Alta-Soft published the article of Galina Dontsova, Nextons’ Tax and Customs practice counsel, on the main trends in determining project documentation customs value.
Nextons Tax and Customs practice has updated the structure and design of its blog - https://www.russiantaxandcustoms.com/.
The blog contains the latest tax and customs legislation news, unique reviews from the leading experts, announcements of events, detailed information about Nextons' Tax and Customs practice, and hot vacancies.
Nextons’ Tax and Customs practice experts have prepared the traditional review of the major changes in tax legislation and practice for the second half of 2022. (The overview is available in Russian)
The Nextons Tax and Customs practice calendar includes joint webinars with CFO CAFÉ FinTaxTop, a conference with IRSOT (the Institute for the Development of Modern Educational Technologies), Nextons’ IT tax maneuver seminar, and the practice’s annual event covering the TOP 10 tax and customs events of 2022 that will impact business in 2023.