Nextons team has acted as deal counsel to LLC “Magnit Alyans”, a wholly owned subsidiary of Magnit PJSC (“Magnit”), in connection with an equity tender offer with respect to ordinary shares in Magnit. The transaction resulted in the acquisition of nearly 21.5% of Magnit’s issued shares for an aggregate consideration equivalent to approximately RUB 48.5 billion from almost 200 sellers from more than 20 countries.
Filipp specialises in debt and equity capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and derivatives and has in-depth experience in advising a broad range of issuers, underwriters, financial institutions and corporates on debt and capital markets transactions, financial restructurings and financial regulatory matters.
Filipp regularly acts for clients on eurobond, eurocommercial paper issuances, establishments and updates of programmes for the issuance of loan participation notes and eurocommercial papers, financial regulatory issues, liability management exercises, block trades and accelerated bookbuild (ABB) exercises, SPOs, JV establishments, cross border and domestic securitisations. He is praised by the clients for his broad legal skillset, problem solving approach and commercial insight.
Filipp has advocate status and is a member of the Moscow Region Bar Association.
- The Legal 500, 2019-2021: Recommended lawyer in capital markets and banking and finance in Russia.
- IFLR1000, 2021: “Rising star” in capital markets in Russia.
- Best Lawyers, 2020-2021: Leading lawyer in capital markets in Russia
- Pravo-300, 2020-2022: Leading lawyer in capital markets and restructuring in Russia.
- 2022 – present
- Partner – Nextons, Moscow
- Counsel – Dentons, Moscow
- Associate – Dentons, Moscow
- Associate – Clifford Chance, Moscow
- Trainee – Clifford Chance, Moscow
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
News and Events
On 15 March 2023, the Bank of Russia published Directive No. 6347-U “On Securities and Derivatives for Qualified Investors” which lists financial instruments available to Russian qualified investors only, as discussed in more detail below.