Nextons IP, IT and telecommunications Practice has prepared an overview of 10 facts about the regulation of personal data in Russia for foreign businesses.
Georgy Pchelintsev is a partner of Nextons’ Russian IP, IT and Telecommunications practice. Georgy focuses on preparing and supporting transactions for the creation or acquisition of software systems, databases and other intellectual property in IT, and advises on compliance with regulatory requirements applicable to IT companies and Internet projects. In this context, he notably has experience advising on IT outsourcing projects; advising online shops on compliance with consumer protection laws, cash register and advertising laws; and advising Fintech projects on how to structure their operations in compliance with the national payment systems laws. Among IT outsourcing projects, Georgy’s work includes, in particular, advising Russian and foreign cloud service providers on drafting agreements governing hosting and data processing services, e.g., Service Conditions and Service-Level Agreements.
Furthermore, Georgy has significant experience in advising on venture-capital investment, mergers & acquisitions, and foreign investment in the establishment of joint ventures, e.g., opening joint manufacturing ventures involving foreign capital and foreign investment in Russian IT companies.
- Leaders League, 2021: Leading lawyer in FinTech and TMT in Russia.
- Chambers Europe, 2015, 2018, 2019: Leading lawyer in TMT. “Georgy Pchelintsev is reported by sources to be a ‘great and knowledgeable lawyer’”.
- Kommersant, 2020, 2022-2023: Leading lawyer in TMT and FinTech in Russia (2020), Leading lawyer in IP (2022-2023).
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Leading lawyer in Intellectual Property (2019-2020), TMT (2019-2020) and Digital Economy (2019–2022) in Russia.
- Best Lawyers, 2013-2022: Lawyer of the year in Information Technology Law in Russia (2022). Leading lawyer in corporate law, M&A, telecommunications and IT law in Russia.
- The Legal 500, 2012, 2013, 2018, 2020, 2021: Recommended lawyer in TMT and IP (2013) in Russia. “St Petersburg-based practice co-head Victor Naumov and Counsel Georgy Pchelintsev ‘make a good team with high industry knowledge’.”
Activities and Affiliations
- 2022 – present
- Partner – Nextons, St. Petersburg
- Managing Counsel – Dentons, St. Petersburg
- Partner, Dentons – St. Petersburg
- Counsel, Dentons – St. Petersburg
- Associate – Salans, St. Petersburg
- Associate – Beiten Burkhardt, St. Petersburg
- Junior Associate, Associate – DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary, St. Petersburg
News and Events
December 30, 2022 – Georgy Pchelintsev has been appointed a partner in Nextons’ St. Petersburg office.