Maria Oleinik is a partner of Corporate and M&A and Energy and Natural Resources practices at Nextons’ Moscow office. Her corporate experience spans a wide range of industries, including oil and gas, mining and heavy industry sectors. Maria focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, disposals, and financings. Qualified in Russia, the UK and the US, Maria has represented financial institutions, media companies and state corporations.
Maria leads clients through the various stages of a transaction from planning and structuring right through to completion. She helps clients navigate the challenges of what can be highly detailed matters, while remaining focused on securing the best possible results.
Maria participated in advising on major transactions for some of the largest companies in the energy sector and has profound knowledge of the Russian market. She is frequently called upon to advise leading Russian corporations engaged in the energy and natural resources sector on their investments in Russia and abroad. Her clients include both Russian and international companies acquiring assets in Russia.
- Chambers Global and Chambers Europe, 2016-2021: Leading lawyer in Corporate/M&A in Russia.
- The Legal 500, 2018-2021: Recommended lawyer in commercial, corporate, M&A, energy and natural resources in Russia.
- Kommersant, 2020-2023: Leading lawyer in manufacturing, energy and natural resources in Russia.
- Best Lawyers, 2020-2021: Leading lawyer in corporate law and M&A in Russia.
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Leading lawyer in energy and natural resources in Russia.
- Solicitor, England and Wales, 2001
- New York State Bar, 1999
- 2022 – present
- Partner – Nextons, Moscow
- Partner – Dentons, Moscow
- Partner – White & Case, Moscow
- Counsel – Clifford Chance, Moscow
- Senior Associate – CMS Cameron McKenna, Moscow