Marina Ryzhkova is a partner and head of Employment practice. She specializes in labor law and in the last 20 years has established a successful practice in this area. Marina advises clients on all the complexities of Russian employment law, including for newly-opened branches and representative offices of foreign companies and subsidiaries, problematic individual dismissals and mass lay-offs, State Labor Inspectorate and Prosecutor’s office issues, and representing employers in labor litigation. She is experienced in the successful resolution of all kinds of employment issues arising in connection with employer restructuring or ceasing activities and subsequently going into liquidation.
Marina is a regular speaker at human resources and labor law conferences in Russia. She is also the author of numerous labor law publications in major Russian periodicals.
Marina has advocate status and is a member of the Moscow Bar Association.
- Chambers Europe, 2013-2021: Star Individual in Employment in Russia. “Practice head Marina Ryzhkova has a long-standing reputation, with sources describing her as a "star in the Russian market." One impressed client reports her to be "a very hard-working, engaged, responsive and dedicated employment specialist." She is routinely sought out to handle employment disputes.”
- The Legal 500, 2013-2021: Leading Employment Lawyer in Russia. “Incredibly experienced and knowledgeable practice head Marina Ryzhkova successfully represented multiple prominent companies in negotiations and disputes with employees alleging unfair dismissals and breaches of working duties.”
- Best Lawyers, 2013-2021: Lawyer of the Year in Immigration (2019), Lawyer of the Year in Labor and Employment (2016-2018). Listed among the best lawyers in immigration, labor and employment, litigation, arbitration and mediation in Russia.
- Kommersant, 2017-2023: Leading lawyer in employment in Russia.
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Leading lawyer in employment and migration in Russia.
- Thomson Reuters Acritas Stars, 2021: Featured as a ‘standout lawyer’ based on client recommendations.
- 2022 – present
- Partner and Head of the Employment practice – Nextons, Moscow
- Partner and Head of the Russian Employment practice – Dentons (formerly Salans), Moscow
- Of Counsel – Salans, Moscow
- Senior Associate – Salans, Moscow
- Associate – Salans, Moscow
- Legal Assistant – Salans, Moscow
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
News and Events
In an interview in the October issue of Zakon magazine Marina Ryzhkova, a partner and Head of the Employment practice, talks about why these changes are occurring, about remote work, employee layoffs when a company is liquidated, and about labor disputes in general.