Nextons' Litigation and Arbitration team has prepared a brief description of the most important changes in Russian procedural law in 2022.
Mikhail specialises in the resolution of disputes between foreign investors and major Russian companies.
Over the past 20 years, Mikhail has represented the firm’s clients in litigations before the Russian courts, participated in international commercial arbitrations under the ICC, SCC and UNCITRAL Rules and before the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the RF Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and represented foreign clients in enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Russia.
After graduating from the international law department of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations in 1984, Mikhail went on to complete post-graduate studies in 1987, earning a Candidate of Science degree in International Law. He is fluent in English and German.
- Chambers Europe, 2015-2021: Recommended lawyer in Dispute Resolution in St. Petersburg (Band 1 in 2015-2018). Mikhail is described as “a very impressive lawyer: reputable, reliable, a real professional”, “one of the most prominent lawyers in international arbitration,’ as well as a ‘very good litigator.’”
- Leaders League, 2021: Highly recommended lawyer in Commercial litigation in Russia. Excellent lawyer in International arbitration in Russia.
- The Legal 500, 2015-2017, 2019-2021: Recommended lawyer in Dispute Resolution: Litigation in Russia. Mikhail is described as “a very reliable and reputable professional”.
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Leading lawyer in Arbitration (mid-market) (2022). Recommended lawyer in Litigation (high market) in Russia (2019-2020). Recommended lawyer in Dispute resolution in the courts of general jurisdiction, International Arbitration and Litigation (mid-market) in Russia (2021).
- Kommersant, 2020-2022: Leading lawyer in Commercial Disputes, Dispute Resolution in Courts of General Jurisdiction in Russia.
- Who’s Who Legal, 2019: Leading expert in Aviation - Finance in Russia.
- Best Lawyers, 2015-2022: Lawyer of the Year in International Arbitration (2021) and Arbitration and Mediation in St. Petersburg (2015-2018). Leading lawyer in Arbitration and Mediation, International Arbitration and Litigation in Russia.
- 2022 – present
- Partner, Head of the Russian Litigation and Arbitration Practice – Nextons, St. Petersburg
- Partner, Head of the Russian Litigation and Arbitration Practice – Dentons, St. Petersburg
- Managing Partner – Salans, St. Petersburg
- Of Counsel – Salans, St. Petersburg
- Associate – Salans, Moscow and St. Petersburg offices
- Associate – Deringer Tessin Herrmann & Sedemund, Moscow
- Partner – M. Ivanov & Partners, St. Petersburg