Roman Kozlov is a partner in Nextons’ Moscow office, advocate, focusing on real estate, construction, and M&A deals in Russia.
Since 2002, Roman provides legal support for major investment and construction projects in Russia aimed at construction and modernization of industrial plants, office, trade and warehouse facilities, as well as infrastructure objects.
Roman advises international and domestic industrial, engineering, construction companies on acquisitions of land plots, industrial premises and equipment (including by way of corporate mergers / acquisitions and joint ventures creation); structuring and realization of construction projects; drafting and negotiating construction and engineering contracts; equipment supply and installation contracts; raising financing for investment and construction projects; creation of joint ventures and consortiums in the investment and construction sphere; dispute and conflicts resolution arising in the course of investment and construction projects implementation.
Roman has advocate status and is a member of the Moscow Region Bar Association.
- The Legal 500, 2012-2021: Recommended lawyer in real estate and construction in Russia.
- Best Lawyers, 2014-2021: Recommended lawyer in real estate, construction, leasing, corporate and M&A law in Russia.
- Chambers Europe, 2014-2019: Leading lawyer in real estate in Russia. "He manages negotiations very capably and pays a lot of attention to detail."
- Pravo-300, 2020-2022: Leading lawyer in land law, real estate and construction in Russia.
- Thomson Reuters Acritas Stars, 2021: Featured as a ‘standout lawyer’ based on client recommendations.
- 2022 – present
- Partner – Nextons, Moscow
- Partner – Dentons (formerly Salans), Moscow
- Partner – Beiten Burkhardt, Moscow
- Associate – Beiten Burkhardt, Moscow
- Lawyer – KfW – Coordination Centre for Economic Consultations at The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Moscow
- Head of Legal Department – "Stekloholding" JSC
- Lawyer – EBRD Central Russian Regional Venture Fund
- Lawyer – German-Russian Center for Technical Cooperation