Sergey Trakhtenberg is a partner in Nextons’ Moscow office. He focuses on corporate and M&A transactions and joint ventures. Sergey is top-ranked by all legal rankings, including Chambers and Parntners and The Legal 500.
Sergey has over 20 years of experience, he has successfully implemented hundreds of sales, acquisitions and JV projects (both in English and Russian law) in natural resources, the real estate, infrastructure and in the financial sectors, including advising on major acquisitions of Russian and foreign banks, pension funds and other regulated businesses, many of which have been landmark deals on the Russian market. Sergey also has wealth of experience advising clients on multiple highly complex cross-jurisdictional settlement arrangements.
He provides clients with comprehensive solutions that include strategic planning, project structuring, handling difficult negotiations and supporting clients at all stages of the transactions to successful signing and completion.
Clients and peers regularly recommend Sergey as a leading lawyer in the Russian market and characterize him as “a genuine team leader”, “an outstanding lawyer who is available 24/7 for assisting a client”, “a trusted adviser who is client-oriented and deeply knowledgeable” (The Legal 500); “a highly competent practitioner, dynamic transactional partner and charming person who is attentive to clients’ needs and is always searching for solutions”, “he is distinguished for his understanding of the commercial side of the issues” (Chambers and Partners).
- The Legal 500, 2015-2021: Top-ranked lawyer in Russia. “Sergey Trakhtenberg is a genuine team leader who is available for us 24/7. We highly value his strategic advice and wealth of experience. He has excellent management skills and coordinates the work of the entire team to ensure that things remain under control at all times”. “Sergey Trakhtenberg is an outstanding lawyer who is available 24/7 for assisting a client. He is personally involved in every matter and ensures that everything is completed smoothly and to the highest standard”. “Sergey Trakhtenberg demonstrates excellent leadership skills – he is great at utilising all available resources and at finding highly motivated lawyers to do their job with passion. He has deep knowledge of the specifics of the industry”. “Sergey has a deep analytical mind and great negotiating skills”. “Sergey is a trusted adviser who is client-oriented and deeply knowledgeable”. “Sergey Trakhtenberg has an outstanding client-oriented approach and uses his extraordinary legal skills efficiently”.
- Chambers and Partners, 2016-2021: Top-ranked lawyer in Russia. “He is an excellent lawyer who understands the client's needs and organises the team's work to achieve the best possible result”. “He is distinguished for his understanding of the commercial side of the issues”. “Clients appreciate his ability to find the best outcome no matter how complicated the situation and deal environment is”. “Sergey Trakhtenberg is very proactive and creative and has a pragmatic and flexible approach to negotiations”. “Sergey is a highly competent practitioner, dynamic transactional lawyer and charming person who is attentive to clients’ needs and is always searching for solutions”. "Sergey Trakhtenberg is hard-working and just a nice person with whom it is easy to deal”.
- Best Lawyers, 2013-2021: Leading lawyer in corporate, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, banking and finance, project finance in Russia.
- IFLR1000, 2018-2021: Notable practitioner in M&A in Russia.
- Kommersant, 2017-2023: Top-ranked lawyer (Band 1).
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Top-ranked lawyer (Band 1).
- 2022 – present
- Partner – Nextons, Moscow
- Partner – Dentons (formerly Salans), Moscow
- Associate – Salans, Moscow
- Associate – Norton Rose, Moscow