Vladimir Kilinkarov is the head of Infrastructure and PPP practice, PhD. For more than 15 years Vladimir has advised Russian and foreign investors, public authorities and financial institutions on various aspects of structuring, preparing and implementing concession and other PPP projects in Russia and CIS (roads, transportation, healthcare, IT, housing and utilities, education and science – overall more than 40 projects), on issues of improving federal and regional PPP legislation, preparing and implementing domestic and international business projects, foreign investment, corporate law and M&A transactions
Before joining Dentons (and then Nextons) Vladimir headed the PPP practice at a Russian law firm as a partner. Vladimir is a recognized international expert in PPPs. He is a member of a drafting team of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe for preparing a UNECE model law on public-private partnerships, as well as a member of the working group and one of the authors of World Bank PPP Legal Frameworks Guide. Vladimir has also participated in the development of the new UNCITRAL Legislative Guide and Model Provisions on PPPs. Vladimir is a member of a number of expert councils in the major Russian associations and institutes for PPPs and infrastructure, including the Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Digital Development, National PPP Center.
Vladimir regularly speaks at parliamentary hearings on developing PPP legislation and is involved in developing national and international legal acts in this field. He has authored articles and books in Russian and English on PPP issues and is a frequent speaker at Russian and international conferences and workshops. He is the head of a number of postgraduate and additional educational programs on legal aspects of PPPs at St. Petersburg State University and on educational platform Lextorium.
- Best Lawyers, 2016-2022: Leading lawyer in corporate, investment, partnership, project finance and development practice, corporate governance and compliance practice, international arbitration, public law, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions law.
- Chambers Europe, 2019-2021: Recommended lawyer in PPP and infrastructure projects in Russia.
- The Legal 500, 2014-2021: Recommended lawyer in PPP and infrastructure projects in Russia.
- Kommersant, 2020-2023: Leading PPP lawyer in Russia.
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Recommended lawyer in PPP and Infrastructure in Russia.
- The Legal 500, 2013-2017: Recommended lawyer in corporate, commercial and M&A in St. Petersburg and the regions.
- Chambers Europe, 2016-2017: Leading lawyer in general business law in St. Petersburg.
- 2023 – present
- Partner, Head of Infrastructure and PPP practice – Nextons, Moscow
- Counsel, Head of Russian Infrastructure and PPP practice – Dentons, Moscow – St. Petersburg
- Partner, Head of PPP practice – Maxima Legal, St. Petersburg – Moscow
- Associate, Senior Associate – Maxima Legal, St. Petersburg – Moscow
- Deputy Legal Director – St. Petersburg State University Law School Publishers
- 2020 – present
- Member of the Working Group on the development of agreement mechanisms for public-private partnership and concession agreements in the field of IT at the RSPP (Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs) Committee on Digital Economy
- 2019 – present
- Member of the Expert Council on Public-Private Partnership Development at the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- 2018 – present
- Member of the Expert Council of the Russian Public-Private Partnership Development Center