Vladimir Sokov is a partner in Nextons’ Moscow office. He specializes in corporate, M&A, commercial, antitrust and real estate. During his professional career of over 20 years Vladimir has handled major M&A projects and has successfully participated in numerous corporate litigations as instructed by well-known transnational and Russian companies.
Vladimir has extensive experience advising on a wide range of issues in the areas of life sciences, natural resources, retail, automotive, and other sectors.
Previously, Vladimir was Senior Partner at Pepeliaev Group, where he headed the corporate, commercial and antitrust practices, and also supervised industry projects in such sectors as life sciences and real estate. Before that, he managed the Moscow office of Hannes Snellman.
Vladimir has advocate status and is a member of the Moscow Region Bar Association.
- The Legal 500, 2019-2021: Recommended lawyer in commercial, corporate and M&A in Russia. “Vladimir Sokov is very client-oriented: in dealing with clients, his goal is not to “sell” his deep legal knowledge, but to actually solve their issue in a most efficient manner.”
- Best Lawyers, 2020-2021: Leading lawyer in corporate law and regulatory practice in Russia.
- Kommersant, 2020-2022: Leading lawyer in healthcare in Russia.
- Pravo-300, 2019-2022: Leading lawyer in life sciences, restructuring, corporate / M&A, FMCG, retail and catering in Russia.
- Thomson Reuters Acritas Stars, 2021: Featured as a ‘standout lawyer’ based on client recommendations.
- Global Competition Review 100, 2020-2021: Recommended lawyer in competition in Russia.
- Leaders League, 2021: Leading lawyer in healthcare, pharmaceuticals & biotech in Russia.
- 2022 – present
- Partner – Nextons, Moscow
- Partner – Dentons, Moscow
- Senior Partner, Head of Corporate practice – Pepeliaev Group
- Head of Moscow office – Hannes Snellman